The RGNIYD offers job-oriented M.A. Programmes in Youth Work catering to the needs of the country’s youth
Post Graduate Programmes
- M.Sc.Counselling Psychology
- M.A.Development Policy and Practice
- M.A.Gender Studies
- M.A.Local Governance and Development
- M.A.Social Innovations and Entrepreneurship
- M.A. Social Work (Youth and Community Development)
The course curricula at RGNIYD are customized to provide knowledge and information from interdisciplinary viewpoints that merge the various aspects of contemporary social theory and thought. Along with training in the process of academic scholarship, the Institute also provides the students with opportunities to innovate, and to convert academic knowledge into hands-on experience in both rural and urban environments. All the post graduate courses on youth studies and PhD programmes at RGNIYD have one clear distinct focus: to transform its students into career professionals both for the public and the private sector.
The Indian Textile and Apparel Industry has been growing significantly over last many years and contributing to significantly to India’s GDP and serves as the second largest employment providing sector next to agriculture. In the current scenario, the Apparel & Textile Sector play a key role in country’s growth and economic development. The categories of jobs available in this sector are based on creativity, technology and Management. The workforce required for Apparel Sector requires key competencies/capabilities which facilitate not only innovative responses to market pressures, but also flexible adaptation to unstable and rapidly changing markets. With this backdrop the RGNIYD intends to introduce under graduate programme – B.Voc., in Apparel Manufacturing and Entrepreneurship and Fashion Designing a tripartite programme between RGNIYD, Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC) and Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) from the academic year 2015-16.
The Objectives of the course are
- to provide vocational education, hands on training, enhance their employability skills and knowledge for performing various tasks and “employability roles” within the industry and to be highly valued by employers overseas.
- to make the learners as adaptive skilled workforce in accordance with technological advancement for creating future professionals
For more details, please visit www.atdcindia.co.in
Post Graduate Diploma Programme
DISTINCTIVE FEATURES AT RGNIYD
- Path-setting Programme Design
- Choice Based Credit System & Innovative Teaching Methodologies
- High-tech infrastructure and state-of-the-art learning environment
- Blend of perspective building, analytical understanding and experiential learning
- Insightful real-world field based exposure
- Career-focused training
- Workshops in thematic areas
- Active Internship and Placement Cell
- Thrust on professional skills
- Overseas participation for select students in youth exchange programmes
- Scholarship for selected NYC Volunteers of NYKS and NSS Volunteers
- Scholarship for SC/ST through State Governments
- Tuition fee exemption for SC/ST students.
- Merit Scholarship for each semester
- Admission open for International Students from SAARC, Commonwealth & other countries.
- Earn while you learn
- Free Laptop for SC/ST students
FACILITIES AT RGNIYD
- Air Conditioned Smart Class Rooms
- Computer Lab with Wi-Fi Enabled Campus
- Separate Hostel for Girls and Boys
- Gym / Yoga